Thursday, January 12, 2017

a turkey passing through airports ? funny



Whenever Jodie Smalley is upset, anxious or feeling down, she turns to her companion for support, knowing she will end up smiling.
As housemates, the pair regularly go for drives together, share food, attend music events, and even hold manicure and massage sessions.
They post photos of their adventures online, showing them soaring over mountains in planes, going whale watching and simply relaxing at home.
But compared to other friendships, their situation is rather more unusual - because Jodie's companion is actually a TURKEY called Easter.




According to the 37-year-old, the cute bird offers her "emotional support", helping her through some of the most difficult times in her life.
In return, she lavishes Easter - who wears a nappy - with love, giving her "facials", feeding her tasty food and taking her on her travels.
"Easter probably has more miles under her wing than any turkey alive," Jodie told Mirror Online. "She's traveled by car, plane and boat.
"She's been to six different US states, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Oregon and California. People react with amazement.
"Easter blows the norm out of a person's day when they see her. We get double takes at stop lights and on the freeway."
She added: "Easter is my companion. I try to take her wherever I can.
"Besides going for walks with her and my two cats, we share food, run errands, go through drive-throughs, go to public events such as music in the park and visit friends. We have quiet moments together, too.
"She accompanies me to counselling appointments, hangs out in the kitchen while I cook or we just sit together while I preen her feathers or read.
"Most importantly, she's been there during some of the most emotional times in my life. She's let me hold her and cry while grieving."
Jodie, who lost her husband in recent years, said that Easter has the ability to make her smile - no matter how bad her day has been.
"Her mannerisms are dorky and charming," she said. "She can be like Curious George. She gets in to things but never maliciously.
"Even when she pulls everything out of my purse looking for a treat, I just have to laugh at how mischievous and clever she is."
She added that the turkey is "like a toddler" in many ways. She has "bratty moments" when she's tired and even wears a nappy.
"She'll turn red in the face and peck at me in frustration, though her beak is too blunt to do much," said Jodie, from Corvallis, Oregon.
"She responds to kindness with calmness and to anger with anger. She teaches me to be patient and calm.
"Also like a toddler, she's sweet, innocent and heartwarming. She makes a variety of adorable chirps, peeps and warbles.
"She comes to me to give turkey kisses (little pecks to my fingertips) and to be preened and massaged. She sits in my lap or sleeps next to my bed.
"When I'm out of sight, she'll wander around calling until she finds me. She can be silly and play tug-of-war with gloves or help me dig in the garden.
"She trusts me and just goes along with whatever we're doing typically."

No comments:

Post a Comment